Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day after Melbourne Cup. Have to send Ru to childcare ,hubby to office -which I don't have to worry,thankfully - and myself to office. The hardest of all 3 is the last one. Especially because of my runny nose and stuffed head , I can't think of going to my cold, boring office.

Decided Not to go. Wow. Decision made me feel a lot better. I don't hate my office. Its a place where I can sit and partially relax and forget all the household chores awaiting me once I get back. I have a collegue-friend, who is 30 years older than me, is on her holidays in her home country, Sri Lanka. If she was there, I would have considered going. So its better to be at home as I don't want to sneeze and blow my nose in front of the green screen all day.

Ru is running around in his T and Nappi. Made his poo -i'm sure- and climbed his high-chair for the breakfast. Dosa with Honey, for his sore throat. had 3 bits and thats it! Dressed him up and packed up everything in his Elmo bag. Kissed everyone, said bye and went back to bed after swallowing the cold-tea which my hubby made in the morning.

Got up close to lunch time, and thought of cooking something. yes I have lamb Neck in the chill-tray. Took it out , plucked a bunch of celery from the backyard, added some onion and black pepper corns, salt and dried bay leaves. Soup ready in 45 Mins. Wow. Best thing to have on a cold, windy day. Especially when you are on Sick Leave!

Lamb Clear Soup

Lamb neck or any Boney Portion of the Lamb - 250 gms.
Celery stems -2
Black pepper Corns - a spoonful
Bay leaves - 5
Curry Leave if you have - one strip.
Carrot cubed - 1
salt to taste.
Onion -1 sliced gently.

Add everything to a pressure Cooker and cover with enough water. I added some silver beet leaves to make it more healthy. After 1st whistle, cook in Sim mode for 30-40 Mins.
You can add butter if you want, for taste. Serve hot with Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment